I am a big fan of sports and I thought I created a small list of what I like to practice and a few recommandations for you if you want to start practicing it.
- Freeride Skiing. I started skiing in the 11th grade, in Vatra Dornei, Suceava. First time I put my skis on I was fascinated by other riders, I wanted to be just like them A couple of years ago I started to go out of the piste, I started practicing freeride. Since then I opened a ski and snowboard shop (Wintermag.ro) and I have been making a lot of progress and friends along the way. I believe there is magic in the moments after a powder day, when you chill and tell stories with the other riders in a mountain chalet next to the fire.
- Kitesurfing and other sports that require a kite: landkite, snowkite. Kitesurfing combines a couple of things that I really enjoy: technology, the seaside and taming the forces of nature. It can be a dangerous sport so if you want to start practicing it, get an instructor. I sometimes teach kitesurfing, usually in the summer.
- Tango. I am not sure if I should count it as a sport. It is a very challenging, it requires physical and psychical balance and a good dose of self awareness. The tango classes are very good places to meet cool people, so I definitely recommend it as a social activity.
- Darts. I like playing darts in the short breaks we get @Wintermag.ro or at home. A really interesting statistical approach to playing darts can be found here. In short, what it says is that depending on your level of play, you should aim at different places: if you are pro-player, aim for the triple of 20, if you are average player, aim for the triple of 19 and if you are a lousy player aim for the bulls eye.
- Swimming. I am now trying to learn the butterfly style, if you have any tips let me know.